Instrumental Music Program
Xavier Catholic College invites students from St Francis Xavier Primary to participate in their College
instrumental program. The guidelines for this program are outlined below.
- Bringing expert instrumental tuition to students at Xavier Catholic College,
St Francis Xavier, Holy Family and St Finbarr’s Catholic Primary Schools.
- Some instruments available for hire to students entering the program for
$10.00 per term.
- School based ensembles already rehearsing and waiting for you to join in!
- Highly qualified, experienced and specialised tutors.
- Individual private lessons or some group lessons.
- Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, Violin, Viola, Cello, Drum
Kit and Percussion, Voice (singing) and Recorder lessons are available
through the program.
- Small Group Lessons $18.00 per lesson
- Individual Tuition (Private lessons) $36.00 per 30 minute lesson
- Instrument Hire/Maintenance Fee $10.00 per term
- Ensemble Rehearsal and Performances Free
- Enrolling now – Click this link for the Music Lesson Application Form
Xavier Catholic College has an enviable collection of high quality musical instruments which we
make available for the minimal fee of $10.00 per term (subject to availability). Parents are asked
to sign a contract agreeing to take all reasonable care of the instrument while it is on loan. The
instrument can be kept by the student for as long as they remain enrolled at Xavier Catholic
College (or one of its feeder primary schools) and remain involved in Band activities.
Regrettably, we cannot provide enough instruments for every student, or for every student’s first choice. If we cannot provide your son/daughter with an instrument there are several reputable
companies that hire musical instruments to school students at reasonable rates, and our
instrumental tutors would be happy to provide advice on purchasing an instrument.
St Francis Xavier Primary students will have lessons during class time at school.
The instrumental tutors will be able to liaise with teaching staff to ensure minimal disruption to